You Were Made to Worship God

“Listen, Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength."
Deuteronomy 6:4-5

Like many Christian students, I was consumed with the question, “What is God’s call for my life?”  I worried, wondered, and prayed about what college God wanted me to attend; what job God wanted me to do.  Those questions consumed me for years.  If I failed in employment and preparation I would be a failure and disappointment to God.  I believed that my career was THE most important aspect of my life.  I was wrong.

I spent those years with unnecessary stress.  My employment, my education are not the most important aspects of my life as a follower of Christ.  I was not called to a job.  I was not called to a degree.  I was called to submit to the King and love Him.

Israel was taught the prayer in Deuteronomy 6 that is known as Sh’ma (שְׁמַע יִשְׂרָאֵל‎), or Hear.  Jesus quoted the sh’ma when He was asked what the greatest commandment was.  From the start, God commands us to love Him.  To worship Him.  I was so consumed with what I was going to do for employment that I had forgotten that I was called to worship God.  That is God’s call on our life.  His call is for me to worship Him with my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God Can Use You

Losing My Religion

Out of Darkness