God Has Put His Hand on You

We give thanks to God always for all of you, constantly mentioning you in our prayers, remembering before our God and Father your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ. For we know, brothers loved by God, that he has chosen you, because our gospel came to you not only in word but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction. You know what kind of men we proved to be among you for your sake.
1 Thessalonians 1:2-5

For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake,
Philippians 1:29

...and He chose you for something special.

I don't know if you are like me, but some mornings it is difficult to even get out of bed.  The bed is so comfortable.  You know that when you sit up and put your feet down, the day will begin and won't be pleased anymore.  Somedays I lay in bed too long and allow my mind to run places it shouldn't go. Sites like, "Do I do anything that matters?  What if I just stayed in bed?  Would the day be better for everyone if I just stayed here?  I know it would be for me"  The bed is far too comfortable.

Then the words of Paul come to mind.  "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." (Philippians 1:21)  My life is not mine.  I surrendered it years ago.  My life is now Christ's, and I am now in Him.  For me to live is to be Christ in my world.  I am not my own.  I am filled with the Spirit of Christ, and I am His.  The whole premise of being Christ-like is to be chosen for a work that is greater than you, a work that you are not able to walk in or through without God’s grace.  You have been chosen to embrace Christ sufferings to bring hope, peace, and salvation to others.

Why did Christ come and suffer? He did it to identify with us and to meet us in our desperate state. We have been chosen to partake in the privilege of suffering for others as well.  We are Christ wherever we are.  You are His pick to win and excel in His specific purpose and calling.  He has his hand on you for something unique and special.  No one else can be Him where you are.  He has chosen you to be Christ in who you are where you are.

How can I be or feel so broken and still be beautiful?

--Zine Smith, Michael Walker

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God Can Use You

Out of Darkness

Losing My Religion