No One Can Do You the Way You Do You

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I would count them, they are more than the sand. I awake, and I am still with you.
Psalms 139:13-18

No one can do you the way you do you.  When you are yielded to the Spirit of God wonderous works for the Kingdom can be accomplished.  Remember that you are God’s masterpiece today.  Where you are, as you are, as you look.

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
Ephesians 2:10

As was written yesterday, you are entirely unique and known through your physical DNA.  The "imperfections" that you know and see are through the wrong lenses.  The world observes perfection through its eyes.  The eyes of the Spirit are focused differently.  Like the pearl, the beauty is in the uniqueness of the imperfections.  We need to learn to stop looking through the lenses of the world and learn to see through the glasses of the Spirit.  We must trust that what others see as imperfection God sees as masterfully designed for a special work.

Nick Vujicic is an excellent example of this truth.  Vujicic was born without arms or legs.  He has said, “What you cannot see but might have sensed already is that my lack of limbs has not kept me from enjoying great adventures, a fulfilling and meaningful career, and loving relationships. One of my goals is to share with you the unstoppable power of faith in action that has helped me create my own ridiculously good life, despite my disabilities. Putting faith in action is about believing and achieving. It’s about having faith in yourself, your talents, your purpose, and, most of all, in God’s love and His divine plan for your life. People know from my speeches that I have overcome adversities, including my youthful thoughts of suicide, concerns about being able to support myself and whether I’d ever find a woman to love me, my experiences with bullying, and other issues and insecurities that are not unique to me by any means. As a boy trying to come to terms with my disabilities, I made the mistake of thinking no one else hurt like I did and that my problems were insurmountable. I thought that my lack of limbs was proof that God did not love me and that my life had no purpose. I also felt that I could not share my burdens—even with those who loved and cared about me. I was wrong on all counts. I was not alone in my suffering. In fact, many people have dealt with challenges that surpass mine. And God not only loves me, He created me for purposes
that I never could have envisioned as a child. He uses me in ways that continue to surprise and amaze me each and every day."

Vujicic learned to not look through the lenses of the world.  He learned to see through the glasses of the Spirit.  These lenses opened his eyes to a different view of his burdens, struggles, and pain.  If Nick Vujicic had been born with all four limbs, would those that he has been able to minister to and reach still been ministered to and reached?  Where is God in all of this?   Is this still God’s plan?

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

We suffer affliction and are comforted so that we can comfort.  Why do you experience pain and affliction?  Maybe it is because He has chosen you to be the ambassador of comfort to the afflicted! Perhaps there is purpose and a plan for your suffering.

Our greatest problem in accepting God’s plan for our life is that we think God’s plan for us is a worldly, happy, and cushy life.  We believe we are owed the “American Dream” by God!  This idea more than anything keeps us from the greatness of God’s plan.  The Kingdom of Heaven!

Do believe that a simple, comfortable life is owed to you by God?

--Zine Smith, Michael Walker

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God Can Use You

Out of Darkness

Losing My Religion