People of Vision

Without revelation, people run wild, but one who follows divine instruction will be happy.
Proverbs 29:18

I have had excellent vision for most of my life.  My sight was better than 20/20.  When I was in late high school, I was told by my optometrist that I was going to have a hard time as I got older.  I asked, "Why?"  He said, "Your eyesight is going to get worse as everyone's does.  You're going to think you need glasses, but no optometrist is going to give you eyeglasses for 20/20 sight."  My vision didn't last as long as I would have liked due to MS.  I now see an ophthalmologist annually which I visited this past week.  They have the worst games!  "One or two?"  "Which line can you read?"  "Better or worse?"  Augh!  If I could see well I would tell them?  Isn't that why I went to the eye doctor?  To correct my vision that I know is flawed?  And my eyes are fine.  My eye shape and lenses are excellent.  My problem is between the back of my eye and my brain.  The picture gets garbled before it reaches my brain.

Though the right pieces are there, the picture isn't seen correctly.  The truth isn't observed.  If I operated on the image that I think I understand much would be missed.  My perception of where I should go is wrong.  As humans, we all have flawed spiritual vision.  We need the Spirit to give us vision individually and as His body together.  As believers and as a church, we should be people of vision. As a church and as followers of Christ vision is in our spiritual DNA.

A fuller phrasing from Hebrew word definitions of the scripture:
(We are in a live and active relationship with God.) Where there is no prophetic vision the people cast off restraint but blessed is he who keeps the law - command. (Treasures and applies the word from God).

Without vision: in your life, family, organization, or church; you will find yourself wandering in a state of confusion.  God’s vision should drive your life in every aspect.  Only His vision is clear. Just His vision directs in the correct direction.  Our vision is cloudy and skewed.  Only the Lord can provide us with the vision we need in every area of our lives.

Do you have a vision?

--Zine Smith

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God Can Use You

Out of Darkness

Losing My Religion